Singapore: What You Need to Do When Your Housemate Tests Positive for COVID-19?
Not sure what to do when a member of your household tests positive for COVID-19?
Read on the find out more
Table of Contents
With the rising numbers of Covid-19 positive cases in Singapore as the government announced it was planning to move toward a living with Covid strategy — attempting to control outbreaks with vaccines and monitoring hospitalizations rather than restricting citizens’ lives. With this in mind, even more Singaporeans will likely come into close contact with Covid-19-positive individuals. In fact, we have seen cases where our friends have encountered a situation where their close contacts tested positive for COVID-19, but they were at a loss on what to do when served with a Quarantine Order. This guide will give you a quick and simple run-through on what you need to do if this ever happens to you.
What You Should Do If Your Close Contact Tests Positive for COVID-19
1. Your close contact (be it a family member, a tenant or someone in close contact with you) who has tested positive for COVID-19 will be contacted by a healthcare provider and MOH (Ministry of Health) will contact him or her to arrange for either conveyance to a healthcare facility or home quarantine. Contact tracing will be conducted to identify close contacts of confirmed cases. [source]
2. In this case, you will likely be contacted by MOH on the next steps within 24 hours.
3. Immediately return home (without making any stops along the way) as well as self-isolate in your very own room, preferably in one with an affixed bathroom. Try to keep the windows in your room to make sure air flow is good.
4. Do not have any physical contact with any members of your household.
5. You will start a Quarantine Order (QO) as advised by MOH. By issuing you a QO, MOH aims to isolate you from the community, so as to prevent the virus from spreading to others. Your QO is served out at home, at a dedicated Government Quarantine Facility (GQF) or at a hospital. The exact location will be based on MOH’s assessment of your contact history, state of health, and suitability of your home.
6. The quarantine order (QO) is for 10 days from the date of exposure. You are not allowed to go out other than to take a trip to designated centers for your polymerase domino effect (PCR) examinations. To ensure your health, you will be given instructions for accessibility to 24/7 telemedicine solution.
How Do You Manage Your Daily Living During Quarantine or Home Recovery?
1. COVID-19 patients and household members should maintain a high level of personal hygiene by washing hands regularly with soap. You should perform contactless transactions and ensure items are bagged securely to reduce exposure to others. This means food/ groceries will need to be delivered for you and the household.
2. You should not receive any visitors during this period as well.
Quarantine Order Allowance (IMPT!)
1. The Quarantine Order Allowance (QOA) is set up to mitigate the financial impact on those who have been served QOs.
2. When you have completed your QO without any breaches, you can apply for claims of $100 a day. This applies if you are a self-employed Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident.
3. Singapore-registered companies whose employees (Singaporean Citizens, Permanent Residents or Workpass Holders only) are served QOs can also apply for QOA.
4. Approved caregivers of a person under quarantine can also apply for QOA, subject to eligibility.
5. QOA does not apply if you are a S Pass or Work Permit Holder who began your QO on or after 1 April 2020, regardless of when the QO ends. This is in view of the levy rebate and waiver of levies. Foreign domestic workers are also not eligible.
How Do Take the PCR Tests?
1. You are required to take PCR tests at the start and end of the 10-day QO. You can follow your QO instructions on how to book your PCR tests (it can be done online).
2. Visit the regional screening centre (RSC) to take your PCR test. There should be one near to your home. Your doctor will conduct the test and inform you the results within 48 hours.
3. You will also be provided additional free antigen rapid test (ART) kits. During the entire QO period, you are required to do a self-administered ART daily and report the results by noon. Results are to be submitted at this website.
What To Do at the End of 10 Days?
1. Before the end of your 10 day quarantine, you will need to book an appointment to take your exit PCR test at the RSC. On Day 10, if your PCR test is negative, you will receive a rescindment SMS and your QO will end. Do continue with daily self-administered ART from Days 11 to 14.
Have an Article to Suggest?
Tropika Club is always looking for new and exciting content to feature in their magazine and they value the input of our readers. If you have any noteworthy content or articles that you believe would be a great addition to Tropika Club’s magazine, we are open to suggestions and encourage you to reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. By doing so, Tropika Club values your expertise and knowledge in the matter and appreciates your willingness to help. We will review your recommendations and update our list accordingly
Meanwhile, Check Out Tropika Club’s Ecosystem of Websites
Tropika Club Magazine – Tropika Club Magazine is a Singapore-based publication that features articles on a wide range of topics with a focus on local businesses and content for the region. The magazine emphasizes supporting local businesses through its #SupportLocal initiative, which includes coverage of everything from neighborhood hawker stalls to aesthetic clinics in town. In addition to highlighting local businesses, Tropika Club Magazine also covers a variety of local content, including beauty, lifestyle, places, eats, and what’s on in Singapore and the Asia Pacific region.
Tropika Club Deals – Tropika Club Deals is a leading online deals and voucher shopping site in Singapore, offering amazing discounts on beauty, wellness, and fitness products and services. It’s the perfect platform for customers who want to discover the best deals without having to commit to a specific appointment date and time. These deals are available at major beauty stores, facial salons, hair salons, and other brands in Singapore, with no minimum spend required. Choose from guaranteed discounted deals in the categories of hairstyling, hair removal, facial & aesthetics, body slimming, brows & lashes, nails & makeup, massage & spa or fitness & wellness. Tropika Club Deals is also ideal for customers who want to buy vouchers as gifts or to use for the future. So whether you’re looking to save money on your next haircut or want to treat yourself to a relaxing massage, Tropika Club Deals has got you covered with the best voucher and coupon deals in Singapore!