How to Deal with Excessive Hair Growth: What Works & What Doesn’t
Hirsutism is the medical term for excess hair growth. This can occur usually in places where hair can affect the appearance leading to decrease in self-confidence. Fortunately there are various ways to deal with this issue. In this article curated by Tropika Club, the team from Wellaholic will share on the symptoms and causes of excessive hair growth and the various ways to to treat it.
Table of Contents
- 1. What is Hirsutism and Hypertrichosis?
- 2. What are the symptoms of excessive hair growth?
- 3. Are you likely to have excessive hair growth?
- 4. What are the treatments for excessive hair growth?
- 5. Are there medications to treat excessive hair growth?
- 6. Permanent Hair Removal with WellaSmooth
- Meanwhile, Check Out Tropika Club’s Ecosystem of Websites
1. What is Hirsutism and Hypertrichosis?
In most of the situations, women only have very fine hairs on areas of the skin where men tend to have thicker hairs. This includes body regions like chest, back, abdomen as well as upper lips, chin and cheeks. Nevertheless, about less than 10% of women develop a condition called hirsutism. This condition leads to excessive hair growth in the above-mentioned areas. Also known as hypertrichosis, the hairs are not only excessive but can also be thick. This can cause embarrassment for the subject and usually lead to self-esteem issues. Fortunately there are way to combat this condition.
2. What are the symptoms of excessive hair growth?
Excessive hair growth do come with related symptoms, such as the following:
- Deep voice (raspy)
- Acne breakouts
- Abnormal menstrual periods or the lack of periods
- Increased muscle mass
- Decreased breast size
About 50% of women with hirsutism end up having elevated levels of male hormones. This is also known as androgens. This is usually caused by the following factors:
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia. This is a set of disorders that affect the adrenal gland and therefore cause the body to product more angrogen.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome. This results in a hormonal imbalance, and may result in cysts forming on the ovaries.
- Tumours growing in the ovaries and adrenal glands.
- Other medications such as steroids, etc.
3. Are you likely to have excessive hair growth?
While it is unlikely, factors such as genetics may play a part in excessive hair growth. Also, certain race or ethnicity may see an increased likelihood of hirsutism. This includes woman from Middle Eastern, South Asian descent. Also, women facing menopause may have excessive hair growth.
Best Salons for IPL & SHR Hair Removal in Downtown Singapore
4. What are the treatments for excessive hair growth?
There is a variety of treatments for excessive hair growth:
- Shaving – Shaving remains the most common method. However, it does not lead to permanent hair removal. Also, there is a tendency for the hairs to look thicker as they start to grow back.
- Waxing – Waxing as well as plucking is similar to shaving. It can be a painful process, and may sometimes irritate the skin.
- Depilatory creams – Such creams can help remove body hair. Nevertheless, due to the harsh chemicals used, it might irritate the skin.
- Laser hair removal – This uses a laser beam to target and damage the hair follicles. Wellaholic’s SHR Hair Removal is under this classification of hair removal treatments.
5. Are there medications to treat excessive hair growth?
Excessive hair growth can be controlled by some medication. This include the following:
- Vaniqu – Also known as eflornithine, this is a prescription cream that can be used to slow hair growth.
- Aldoctone and Proscar – These medications are able to block the androgenic hormone’s ability to adversely impact the body. However, it is not an immediate solution and may take months to see results.
6. Permanent Hair Removal with WellaSmooth
WHAT IS WELLASMOOTH™?
WellaSmooth™ is designed for an all-inclusive fuss-free full-body permanent hair removal experience, completed with all-that-you-require shaving service and our amazing Post-Treatment Therapy (PTT) with AfterGlow which helps with your skin whitening, hydrating and rejuvenating. Result? Smooth and glowing skin that will wow everyone. WellaSmooth™ is a laser hair removal for both men and women, by male and female therapists.
WellaSmooth™ is your ultimate all-inclusive hair removal treatment in Singapore complete with shaving and post-treatment care.
WELLASMOOTH™ INCLUDES ALL THE KEY HAIR REMOVAL SERVICES:
- SHR Permanent Hair Removal PRESTIGE Unlimited – Enjoy our bestseller SHR treatment for all body parts
- Unlimited Shaving Service – Enjoy unlimited shaving service on all body parts
- PTT with AfterGlow – Enjoy post-treatment whitening or hydrating therapy followed by AfterGlow red-light treatment
Find out more about WellaSmooth here.
Have an Article to Suggest?
Tropika Club is always looking for new and exciting content to feature in their magazine and they value the input of our readers. If you have any noteworthy content or articles that you believe would be a great addition to Tropika Club’s magazine, we are open to suggestions and encourage you to reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. By doing so, Tropika Club values your expertise and knowledge in the matter and appreciates your willingness to help. We will review your recommendations and update our list accordingly
Meanwhile, Check Out Tropika Club’s Ecosystem of Websites
Tropika Club Magazine – Tropika Club Magazine is a Singapore-based publication that features articles on a wide range of topics with a focus on local businesses and content for the region. The magazine emphasizes supporting local businesses through its #SupportLocal initiative, which includes coverage of everything from neighborhood hawker stalls to aesthetic clinics in town. In addition to highlighting local businesses, Tropika Club Magazine also covers a variety of local content, including beauty, lifestyle, places, eats, and what’s on in Singapore and the Asia Pacific region.
Tropika Club Deals – Tropika Club Deals is a leading online deals and voucher shopping site in Singapore, offering amazing discounts on beauty, wellness, and fitness products and services. It’s the perfect platform for customers who want to discover the best deals without having to commit to a specific appointment date and time. These deals are available at major beauty stores, facial salons, hair salons, and other brands in Singapore, with no minimum spend required. Choose from guaranteed discounted deals in the categories of hairstyling, hair removal, facial & aesthetics, body slimming, brows & lashes, nails & makeup, massage & spa or fitness & wellness. Tropika Club Deals is also ideal for customers who want to buy vouchers as gifts or to use for the future. So whether you’re looking to save money on your next haircut or want to treat yourself to a relaxing massage, Tropika Club Deals has got you covered with the best voucher and coupon deals in Singapore!